Program Development Grants
Micro-grants are available to support the strategic activities of anizations (Sections, MALs, Society Committees, or Affiliates). Basic guidelines are below:
- Grant Amounts & Deadlines: All grant requests must be at least $250 and $5,000 will be considered in four application cycles with deadlines on the following dates: August 15, 2019, October 1, 2019, January 1, 2020, and February 15, 2020.
- Event Timing: Grants cannot be submitted during an event or after an event has occurred. If you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr event has taken place, do not submit a request for PDG funding.
- Good Standing with SWE: For PDG funding, you中国福利彩票下载安装αpp must submit a grant through an active and in good standing anization. To determine if you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr anization is in good standing, email membership中国福利彩票下载安装αpp@.
- Budget and Financial Verification: Ensure you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr anization treasurer is prepared to verify you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr request (see Treasurer Verification).
- SWE Membership: Individuals submitting requests for PDG funding must be an active SWE member.
- Update Your Address or Banking Information with SWE-HQ: SWE-HQ distributes electronic payments only through Concur. The address and/or bank account you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr anization has in Concur will be used to send you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr payment. Payments will not be sent to individuals or secondary accounts. To update or sign you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr anization up for electronic payments, please email it to accounts.payable中国福利彩票下载安装αpp@.
PDG Application & Report Deadlines
Ensure you中国福利彩票下载安装αpp have enough time to submit you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr application: Your event must occur 45 days after the deadline you中国福利彩票下载安装αpp are applying to (if you中国福利彩票下载安装αpp apply for the August 15 deadline, you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr event must take place after September 30, etc.).
Application Budget: All applications must use the FY20 PDG Budget Form, which can be found here FY20 PDG Budget Proposal Form.
FY20 APPLICATION DEADLINES:
- Apply for the August 15, 2019 Deadline (for programs after 9/30/19): CLOSED
- Apply for the October 1, 2019 Deadline (for programs after 12/4/2019):
- Apply for the January 1, 2020 Deadline (for programs after 2/15/20): (Please note this submission date falls on a holiday during which SWE HQ is closed.)
- Apply for the February 15, 2020 Deadline (for programs after 3/30/2020):
FY20 REPORT DEADLINES
You must submit a report within 30 days after you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr funded project is complete. For FY20, reports are reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Download the budget form for FY20 Budget Reports here.
- Submit FY20 Program Reports Here:
- Submit FY19 Program Reports Here:
- Additional K-12 Outreach Report: (Submit only for funded programs for K-12 students)
Check out the FY20 PDG FAQ for answers to common questions and contact information for key PDG points of contact.
If, after reading through this page and the FAQs below, you中国福利彩票下载安装αpp still have questions regarding funding please contact the committee chair at pdgchair中国福利彩票下载安装αpp@gmail.com.
We welcome future PDG Committee Members. If you中国福利彩票下载安装αpp want to be more involved in the committee (approximately 15+ hours per year), please also email pdgchair中国福利彩票下载安装αpp@gmail.com.
Your anization must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for PDG Funding:
- The proposal must be sponsored by a anization.
(anization’s include: Section, Region, MALs, Society Committee, or Affiliate. SWENext members must obtain the sponsorship of one of the above mentioned organizational units.)
- The event must be SWE or SWE-Affiliate led.
(For the vast majority of applicants, this means that you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr local SWE section must be leading this event. PDG Funding cannot be used for events run by an individual or organization not affiliated with the Society.)
- The anization requesting funds must be in good standing with the Society.
Organizations should have submitted their annual report to SWE Headquarters at the close of the last fiscal year (as required). Download EZ Financial Form. The President and Treasurer or fiscal authority must be paid members of SWE. If you中国福利彩票下载安装αpp have questions about you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr organization’s standing, please contact membership中国福利彩票下载安装αpp@.
- The proposal must be submitted by an active SWE member and project must be managed by a currently paid SWE member.
- Proposals from Society Committees must include a copy of Board Meeting Minutes or Notes clearly stating approval by the Board of Directors.
- anizations requesting funds may have no more than three outstanding reports, deliverables, or unreturned unused funds totaling up to $15,000, for projects previously funded by a Program Development Grant.
In order for you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr application to be complete, you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr anization treasurer must complete a verification form to do the following:
- Verify that you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr anization is in good standing with SWE-HQ.
- Provide anization financial information.
- Verify and provide the mailing address for PDG Grant payment for anization.
- Verify the anization does not have any outstanding grants or too many open PDG Grants (more than three active PDG Grants).
You will need to provide the name and email address of you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr current anization treasurer during application. Without their verification, you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr request will be incomplete and will not be considered.
anizations must be in good standing with SWE-HQ. If you中国福利彩票下载安装αpp or you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr treasurer are unsure if you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr anization is in good standing with SWE, please contact membership中国福利彩票下载安装αpp@.
anizations must demonstrate sound fiscal stewardship and responsibility in the use of funds to qualify for funding from the SWE Program Development Grant (PDG) Committee. The SWE PDG places a priority on requests where there is a high financial need.
To demonstrate financial responsibility, the PDG Committee requires evidence that all entities (sections, MAL, affiliates, etc.) affiliated with SWE have submitted a fiscal report (the EZ Form) to SWE at the beginning of each fiscal year (fiscal year start date is July 1). SWE's Finance Committee provides a copy of this form to all entities affiliated with SWE on an annual basis.
In order for you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr application to be reviewed and funded by the PDG Committee, you中国福利彩票下载安装αpp must submit the EZ Form filed by you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr anization's most recent fiscal year with you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr PDG application. Please work with you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr organization's treasurer to provide the requested fields below as shown in that report. Each year, the demand for funding from the PDG Committee far exceeds the funds available to distribute.
This calculation allows the PDG Committee to understand how much funding you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr anization has in reserves or if it is operating with a deficit.
- HIGH NEED CRITERIA: If you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr net assets are between 50 percent and 200 percent of you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr expenses, you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr request will receive a High Need score. For example: If you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr expenses are $100,000 (on line 13) and you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr estimated net assets are between $50,000 or $200,000 then you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr request is High Need.
- MEDIUM NEED CRITERIA: If you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr net assets are below 50 percent of you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr expenses, the request will be awarded a Medium Need score. This demonstrates less than exemplary fiscal stewardship as it indicates the organization does not have enough in reserves to cover operating expenses in the case of no or limited income. For example: If you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr expenses are $100,000 (on line 13) and you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr estimated net assets are $49,999 or below then you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr request is Medium Need.
- LOW NEED CRITERIA: If you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr assets are between 200 percent and 300 percent of you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr expenses, the request will be awarded a Low Need score. This demonstrates another case of less-than-exemplary fiscal stewardship for a non-profit: having a larger reserve (without earmarked future large expenses such as growing endowed scholarships, etc.) For example: If you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr expenses are $100,000 (on line 13) and you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr estimated net assets are $200,001 to $300,000 then you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr request is Low Need.
- FURTHER REVIEW CRITERIA: If you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr expenses are greater than you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr income and assets or you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr assets are over 300 percent of you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr expenses, then you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr request will receive a zero score we will request you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr section pay for at least half of the total budget cost for you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr project. Your request may also be ineligible. In both cases, under PDG guidelines, the organization is demonstrating significantly less-than-exemplary fiscal stewardship of SWE funds. For example: If you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr expenses are $100,000 (on line 13) and you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr estimated net assets and income are in negative digits or you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr assets are over $300,001 then you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr request will be flagged.
Direct questions regarding fiscal stewardship and expected practices for anizations to the Finance Committee Chair finance-chair中国福利彩票下载安装αpp@. Direct questions concerning needs scoring to the PDG Committee Chair at pdgchair中国福利彩票下载安装αpp@gmail.com. Please answer the questions below based on the data from you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr organization's most recently EZ Form filed with SWE-HQ .